Saturday, May 5, 2012

15 Days Until The Climb

Let me tell you the beginning,my name is Matan and I live in Tanzania, Africa. In my school I.S.T. (International School of Tanganyika) there is a trip to Mt. Meru in Arusha National Park for grade seven and eighth. Since I was in sixth grade I wanted to go on this trip. Now that I am in grade seven I can. It started out with around twenty six of us, in the first few training sessions three people who either were not cut out for the kind of physical exercise or got an effort grade lower than a four (out of seven) were taken off the team or just simply left. The first few training sessions were playing games like dodge ball and when you got ou you had to run. The games got progressively harder, at one point we played a game called murder ball which was a lot of fun, but also a lot of running. After many training sessions like this three people got cut which basically means that they are alternates. Today we had to participate in a biathlon so I swam 250m while my partner ran 4k (I know a little unfair) we finished with a time of 37:23. Our normal training sessions are a two hour hike with our back packs around the city. Tomorrow we are going to Pugu Hills which is around an hour from Dar Es Salaam. We will do a 6 hour hike up the hills with full packs so wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good! :D why was the Biathalon unfair???? BTW! Post something about the hike! U NEED to post more! OKAY! NOW! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayayyyyy matannnn this is goood :)
    now gobble gobble

    ReplyDelete